Before you figure out how to write a great discussion board post, you will need to understand what is a discussion board. In accordance with a common discussion board definition, it is an online platform where students and professors communicate with each other, sharing their ideas about the course’s theories and concepts. In our guide, we attempt to help you understand all the characteristic features of a successful discussion board post. In particular, you will understand the importance of this task, as well as master some instruments for making your discussion post great.
A discussion board post is one of many academic assignments that aim to show the students’ awareness of the subject matter, as well as their writing and analytical skills. The best discussion board post includes strong arguments that are supported with solid evidence. Although a discussion post is rather short, it should be treated in a professional way because it takes a great part of the overall grade. One cannot write a discussion post based on their personal perception of the topic, but they should research the topic thoroughly, studying the findings of the reputed scholars.
A discussion board post is a unique academic assignment that provides “space” for discussions. Even those students, who feel uncomfortable sharing their ideas with others, enjoy doing this task. This assignment enables students to communicate their ideas online in a written format and promotes distant collaboration. As for the main functions of good discussion board posts, they are as follows:
As you can see, a discussion board post assignment is very important, thus you should not compromise this task by treating it carelessly. Every time you receive such an assignment, you should get prepared for it. If you think that you can do it at the last moment, you are mistaken. The process of creating a college discussion board online requires a considerable amount of time during the planning, research, writing, and editing stages. If you have never worked on such an assignment before, you should have a look at some handy tips and suggestions that we have prepared for you.
Exclusive savings! Save 25% on your ORDER
15% OFF your FIRST ORDER (with the code toppapers15) + 10% OFF every order by receiving 300 words/page instead of 275 words/page
If you want to succeed in writing a good discussion board post, you should study our suggestions thoroughly. The tips collected by seasoned academic writers will help you generate an engaging post that will help you impress the most demanding audience.
There are few steps in the process of developing a winning discussion board post:
Now, let’s discuss the writing process in detail.
1. First, you should understand why you are writing this post and what your professor expects to see in it. Once you figure it out, you can begin the preparation;
2. Organizing the writing process is very important as you need to give yourself enough time on all the stages of the writing process. In particular, you will need to have enough time for brainstorming, making up an outline, researching, writing, and editing. So, get rid of all the
distractors and get to work
3. Before you start working on your discussion board post, you need to study the prompt carefully. Make sure to consider the following aspects:
4. When you are done with all the organizational aspects, you will need to carry out preliminary research that will help you formulate a strong argument. You can go to a library or visit an online database and study some credible sources related to your topic;
5. As soon as you are done with researching, you will need to formulate a thesis statement that will structure your post around. Pay attention that this idea should be fresh and thought-provoking;
6. Once the main idea for your post is chosen, you will need to collect supporting evidence that will help you explain your argument to your peers. You are free to include in-text citations to support your assertions;
Make the right choice and get the
TOP quality papers
7. As soon as you are done with all preparation stages, you will need to write your post following the latest academic standards. Although it is not necessary to follow the traditional essay structure, you will need to put your ideas in a logical way to make them easy to follow. Also, do not forget to use smooth transitions. In a discussion post, you can combine the data obtained from research with your personal experience. Remember that you will be able to impress your audience only if you manage to suggest a unique perspective on the topic being discussed.
8. When you are done with writing your discussion post, you need to edit it making sure it is free from any mistakes compromising its quality. Even if the content of your paper is just great, you won’t be able to get a good score if it is full of mistakes. When reviewing your post,
you need to ask yourself:
9. Finally, you will need to submit your post. Pay attention that meeting the deadline is one of the most important requirements. If you miss the deadline, the chances are high that you wont have an opportunity to resubmit it.
A great tip for writing a discussion board post is to make your readers want more. You can do it by adding value to your work. The best discussion board posts remain in the minds of the readers for a long time. So, after your post is written, ask yourself “Did I add any value to the conversation?” After submitting the post, you need to wait for feedback from your classmates.
Original writing according to your instructions
Deadlines from 3 hours to 60 days
All disciplines covered
Skilled writers with Master’s/PhD degrees
Personal data security
Instant replies to all your questions
Main dos and don’ts:
Most probably, you will be provided with clear guidelines on how to create a discussion board post, and your task is to follow these instructions. If the prompt asks you to write 400 words, you should stick to this limit. At the same time, professors like extra effort
and always reward them. If you need to write two responses to your peers, you can write three.
We do hope that our tips for discussion board posts will help you create great papers and get not only good grades but also respect from your peers.
Book The Best Top Expert at Top-papers.com
Your order will be assigned to the most experienced writer in the relevant discipline. The highly demanded expert, one of our top-10 writers with the highest rate among the customersHire a TOP Writer for 10.95 USD
Analyze the current preoccupation with TV reality shows. In what way do these shows represent racial and gender stereotypes?
Reality shows are a widespread phenomenon, yet one cannot underestimate their negative effect related to their wrong values and harmful stereotypes. TV shows appeared and developed in the new millennium. The first shows, such as Big Brother or Survivor, demonstrate the relationships between the characters in a competitive context. In the present-day realms, TV shows aim to show the day-to-day lives of ordinary people. At the same time, they are exaggerating the qualities and personality traits of the characters to enlarge the target audience. I would like to discuss the current dilemma related to the latter type of TV shows taking Jersey Shore as an example. This show appeared in 2009 on MTV. First, I watched this TV show after the suggestion of my roommate. Later, I noticed that the cast was present on many mainstream media sites and gossip magazines. Thus, it was unavoidable. As well as many critics, I noticed many problems in the show. First, I was negatively impressed by their representation of Italian-Americans from New Jersey. Also, I do not agree with their portrayal of the life of young Americas. Finally, I found many gender stereotypes in the show.
When discussing Jersey Shore TV Show, Adam K. Raymond from the New York Magazine claims that it has infuriated Italian-Americans. The president of UNICO requested MTV to cease the show since it showed young Italian men as mindless creatures having more hair gel than brain cells.
Jersey Shore is indeed showing male characters, who are engaged in debauchery and interested in the gym, tan, and laundry. The female characters are also represented in a negative way. They are heavily tanned. Also, they wear too provocative clothing. The fourth season shows the cast in Italy where the characters are only fighting and partying. The thing is that only two characters are from New Jersey, whereas not all of the characters are ethnically Italian. Nevertheless, wrong characters` portrayal results in developing stereotypes.
My question is: are all TV shows having harmful effects on the audience? Are there any ways to decrease these effects?
If you find it too challenging to write an impressive post, you should consider buying discussion board post help at our reputed writing service. For many years, we have been helping our customers achieve their academic goals by providing them with first-class academic papers. Cooperating with our writing team will help you maintain a successful academic reputation as we provide our customers with nothing but the best. Each writer working at our service knows how to write a good discussion board post in accordance with the latest standards and conventions. You just need to provide us with the detailed guidelines and one of our experts will provide you with a well-written and plagiarism-free paper that will bring you the best grade. So, if you are tired of struggling with your hectic schedule, you should leave your worries behind. By outsourcing your task to our writing team, you will be satisfied with your choice. All in all, getting our help with the discussion board for students is always a great idea.